HOW TO PRAY2020
1. Start with a simple daily prayer
Henri Aoun, one of our ministry leaders, suggests the following: set an alarm on your mobile phone or watch for 20:20 (8:20 p.m.). Pause for a moment to pray something as simple as this:
Jesus said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field” (Matthew 9:37-38).
So pray to the Lord of the Harvest for 10 million Christ-centered, multiplying disciples and 5 million new church plants by the end of 2020. LORD, MOLD our hearts to be one with Your heart. MULTIPLY our lives through others. MOBILIZE laborers through our prayers and ministry efforts.
Put it into your own words, or add specifics as you are led. But pray daily. Simply, faithfully, pray. And if you missed the June 20, 2015 launch – that’s ok. Just start as soon as you can.
2. Invite others to Pray2020
Invite others to be a part of Pray2020 – staff, church friends, those of partnering ministries, etc … “So many of our partners and friends ask me, ‘How can I be more involved with you?’” said Milt. “I can’t think of an easier, or more significant way to make your life count than praying toward this end.”
There are a number of ways that you can encourage people to be a part:
- Invite people personally to pray
- Refer people to pray2020.org
- Print a PDF version of a flyer
- Promote Pray2020 through your social networks
- Forward this article to others through your email lists or social media sites
- Use a Twitter hashtag (#Pray2020) to let others across the Body of Christ know you are involved: Tweet simply: “I’m in!”
3. Share what you’re seeing God do
Use the same hashtag (#Pray2020) to share specifics of your 2020 prayers, or to link to stories of how you, your ministry teams, or others are seeing God’s Spirit move toward the fulfillment of His Great Commission.
Submit stories of how you, a team of yours, a small group – whomever – is seeing God’s Spirit at work toward the fulfillment of His Great Commission.
Send your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org and some of those will be posted to pray2020.org.